Wednesday 30 March 2011

Monday 28th March 2011 : Miss Martin 3rd lesson

During this period we compiled a list of delegation, by splitting up into pairs: Me and Charley/ Zoe and Hannah, in which different activities where enforced. Me and Charley decided that we would do last minute filming ( as there were still several shots of me which needed to done) whilst Hannah  and Zoe did editing as well as taking several screen shots in preparation for the evaluative tasks. Me and Charley began by using the same location as we had done for Zoe although incorporating shots which were essentially the opposite context of Zoe, due to the differential purpose of invoking varying characteristics for both of our characters: for me- innocence and purity/ Zoe- barbarity and malevolence.Predominantly we endeavored to show a use of creative and relevant shots which would make the watchers feel compassion at my state. First off we filmed me crawling frantically in the grass as though I was trying to get away from Zoe, where I ended up stumbling to show the fear which is making me clumsy . This was done using Zoom/Reverse Zoom to get the full impact of the emotions ( disparity, despair,longing) running through my mind.
Our next shot was filmed several times from different angles : me running through a shallow stream , full of dirty leaves to show the transformation from innocence to barbarity. Firstly we tried a long shot where you could only see my legs to give a sense of ambiguity as well as increasing the pace of the film, as the whole impetus of this film is running from the unknown as well as attempting to keep childhood purity, by not getting tainted by evil. We also tried this using a centered shot to display that I am the focal point of the frame as well as a high angle shot essentially displaying the vulnerability of my character. Next to the stream there is a barbed wire fence so we decided to incorporate a shot of me leaping onto the cracked mud surface, before grasping the barbed wire fence, desperately trying to escape but failing to do so as i slowly succumb to giving up, gradually sliding down. This was filmed using an over the shoulder shot and was filmed twice. We then tried a shot which we had done with Zoe: a closeup of me behind a leafless hedge with my head poking through the gap again to emphasize the recurring theme that I am either hiding or escaping. We also tried this where i was ripping apart the twigs to again show my struggle as i attempt to squeeze through the gap using an over the shoulder shot. I then thought that we should have a shot which incorporates some of the school woodland, so we went to the log ( next to the tennis court) and filmed a mid shot of me hunched over the log with my hands resting against it, slowly exhaling as I get my breath back, flowers in my hair ( to keep the ongoing theme of being at one with nature and the purity that goes with it) my hair draped over my face to convey surrealism , allowing the watcher to try and work out who it is. We then used a different location which was a small piece of shrubbery which would be excellent for hiding in. Firstly we filmed me hiding under a canopy of leaves using a canted angle shot, almost seeming as though it was a mask covering my face as i cant show my true identity because otherwise i will be caught. Next we tried several experimental shots of me clutching the tree frantically, almost in puzzlement, my profile turned to the side, so you can only see half my face, still obscuring my identity , almost as though i was a puzzle to be solved. We then tried a behind shot of me clutching the tree which quickly transcended into a shot of me looking into space as i am worried as to what is about to happen, ensuring i have an appearance of both intensity and apprehension. Within this shot is a Field and me surrounded by shrubbery- almost as though i am closed in and there is nowhere to hide. I then quickly look down , look at the tree and slowly ( exaggerating my movements slightly) bring my head to the front, trying to find out where Zoe is. Next we filmed another shot of obscurity where I am cross legged in the long ,winding grass, my head hunched over with flowers, before i finally rip the grass up and place it into a bundle in the middle of my palm, feeling it roughly, This was done using a standardised high angle shot to signify how insignificant i am as well as representing the loss of my security.   

No comments:

Post a Comment